POLÍTICAS DE PRIVACIDAD
In YOVERSE, INC. (hereafter “YOVERSE”) it is important that you, as a Data Holder1, understand what type of information YOVERSE collects and how does we use and share it. Therefore, YOVERSE provides you with this Privacy Notice (hereinafter “Notice”), which we recommend you read it before accessing the Website and/or the Mobile App and/or acquiring any of the services offered by YOVERSE.
1. Personal Data Department.
YOVERSE has a Personal Data Department, which can be contacted via e-mail to email@example.com, this department will process any of your requests as a Data Holder and promote the protection of personal data within YOVERSE.
In this sense, YOVERSE informs you that your data will be treated and safeguarded based on the principles of legality, quality, consent, information, purpose, loyalty, proportionality, and responsibility, enshrined in the applicable legislation.
2. Personal Data that YOVERSE Collects. The information that YOVERSE collects and processes, depends on how you use the Website and/or Mobile App of YOVERSE, and the services that you purchase. However, YOVERSE informs you that the data that YOVERSE may collect consists of the following:
- Identification Data: Such as name, last name(s), date of birth, official identification, gender, sex, marital status, tax identification number according to the country where you are, photograph, video recordings or self-portrait and images, among others.
- Contact Data: Email, landline phone number, mobile phone number, home address, device ID, GPS (Global positioning system) location, real-time location, which allows YOVERSE to determine the exact position in real time and by radio base triangulation, call history, among others.
- Personal Financial Data: Bank credit and/or debit cards numbers, effective date of credit or debit cards, card verification code (CVV), among others.
- Network and Authentication Data: Username, logins, passwords, login number, and location.
- Data from Social Networks and Applications: Login credentials, registered email to log in to Google (Google Account) or Apple, Facebook, Instagram, name, and profile picture, among others.
- Preference Data: Such as searches within the Mobile App, most visited videos or information, time of use of the Mobile App, among others.
- Personal Data of Minors and Disabled Persons: YOVERSE will not carry out operations that involve the processing of Personal Data of minors or persons with disabilities. However, in the event that the Personal Data of such persons is provided to YOVERSE, it will be understood that it was provided by their parent or guardian.
YOVERSE informs you that, for the collection and use of your financial or property data, current location, as well as for the personal data of minors, YOVERSE will request your prior consent to the processing thereof, either by text messages, push notifications or in the ways and means that are convenient and applicable to YOVERSE in each specific procedure where the processing of such personal data is involved.
3. Ways to Collect Your Personal Data.
YOVERSE may access the aforementioned data in the following ways:
- In a direct personal way, when the Data Holder enters through the Website or the Mobile App of YOVERSE.
- By electronic means: e-mail, instant messaging, or any other means of communication, through which the Data Holder may refer to the Notice in accordance with the instructions of the operator.
- Directly, when the Data Holder provides them by telephone.
- Indirectly, when other companies, with the consent of the Data Holder, transfer them to YOVERSE.
- Indirectly, when obtained through public access sources allowed by applicable legislation.
- Personally, when the Data Holder physically goes to YOVERSE’s facilities (as long as it is possible and depending on the region where the Data Holder is located), whether the Data Holder provides it materially or though the video surveillance camera at YOVERSE’s facilities.
4. Purpose for Collecting Personal Data.
YOVERSE uses the information and Personal Data that you, as a Data Holder, provide in order to give you a personalized experience, including advertisements, in addition to the other purposes detailed below:
Primary Purposes. The Personal Data collected will be used for the following primary purposes or necessary purposes to provide the services offered by YOVERSE:
- a. Account creation and profile of the Data Holder.
- b. Verify and confirm the Identity of the Data Holder.
- c. Provide mobile telephone services.
- d. Increase, decrease, change and/or transfer services, equipment, or plans.
- e. Provide the tools, functions, and controls available on the YOVERSE’s Mobile App, if the Data Holder executes its order through the application.
- f. Provide Customer Service through YOVERSE’s authorized sales channels, including billing.
- g. Send notifications, make collections for products and/or services in case and properly provide the services contracted with YOVERSE.
- h. Comply with the obligations and exercise the rights derived from the legal relationship established between YOVERSE and the Data Holder.
- i. Verify the data of the card provided to make the payment of the requested services.
- j. Comply with the requirements of any competent authority.
- k. Take measures to ensure that the Personal Data is accurate, complete, relevant, correct and, updated in accordance with the quality principle established in the applicable legislation.
- As for some other internal control functions (secondary purposes) of data collected, included:
- a. Conduct internal studies and procedures.
- b. Creation of reports and statistical databases.
- c. Preparing customer and service user preference profiles.
- d. Send communications related to offers, promotional messages, communications for marketing, advertising and other publicity purposes, and commercial prospecting for new or existing services.
- e. Apply surveys, market research, participate in events, contests, games, and raffles, participate in social networks, chats and information that allows YOVERSE to evaluate the quality of its services.
- f. Sales and offering personalized services based on your preferences or profiles.
- YOVERSE informs you that in case you do not want YOVERSE process your personal data for the secondary purposes previously indicated, you have a period of 5 (five) business days to express your refusal and/or disagreement. This must be communicated to the Department of Personal Data of YOVERSE by means of a free writing accompanied by the document that proves your identity and must be sent to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to the nature of the services contracted, the refusal to process your Personal Data for the primary and/or secondary purposes set forth herein will be grounds for YOVERSE to cancel or suspend the services or products requested or contracted previously or subsequently, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use to which you have given your tacit acceptance.
5. Forwarding and Transfer of Personal Data.
YOVERSE do not sell your Personal Data to anyone, and never will, however, YOVERSE may be required to forward and/or transfer Personal Dara collected to third parties, either suppliers or certain platforms that provide services. Therefore, YOVERSE requires that suppliers and third parties comply with the rules on how they may and may not use or disclose the information YOVERSE provides.
You agree that YOVERSE does not require your consent to make domestic or international transfers in the following cases:
- a. When the transmission is to the service provider established by YOVERSE in the Terms and Conditions of Use, which you already know and accepted.
- b. When the transfer is provided for the applicable law.
- c. When the transfer is to holding companies, subsidiaries, or affiliates under the common control of YOVERSE, or a parent company, or any company of the corporate group to which it belongs, and which operates under the same internal processes and policies.
- d. When the transfer is necessary under a contract entered into the interest of the Data Holder, by YOVERSE and a third party.
- e. When the transfer is necessary to safeguard the public interest, or for the procurement or administration of justice.
- f. When the transfer is necessary for the recognition, exercise, or defense of a right in a judicial process.
- g. When the transfer is necessary for the maintenance or fulfillment of the legal relationship derived from the services and products you contracted with YOVERSE.
By accepting this Notice, you consent to the transmission of some of your data such as name, e-mail, mobile phone number, preferences, or others, and to software companies dedicated to mass mailing, as well as to different establishments or service providers of the same nature as YOVERSE.
6. Procedure for Exercising Your Rights.
Here, YOVERSE offers you a variety of tools to view, manage, download, and delete your information with the understanding that you may have other privacy rights under applicable laws.
You, as a Data Holder, have the right to know the Personal Data that YOVERSE has about you, what is it used for and the conditions of use (Access); likewise, it is your right to request the correction of your personal information in case it is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete (Rectification); that YOVERSE delete it from its records or databases when you consider that it is not being used in accordance with the principles, duties and obligations under the regulations (Cancellation); as well as oppose to the use of your Personal Data for specific purposes (Opposition). These rights are known in some legislations as ARCO Rights.
To execute your ARCO Rights, you must follow the next procedure: Send an e-mail to the Personal Data Department address, indicating the following:
- Your full name (Data Holder’s name), address and e-mail address to receive the response generated in connection with your request.
- The reason for the request.
- Arguments supporting your request.
- Official document that proves your identity and that you are who you say you are.
- Clear and precise description of the Personal Data for which any of the ARCO Rights are sought, and any other element or document that facilitates the location of the Personal Data.
- In the case of requests for rectification of Personal Data, you must indicate, in addition to the above, the modifications to be made and provide the documentation supporting your request. ARCO Rights requests will be processed and resolved by the Department of Personal Data, upon receipt of your request, you will be notified of the resolution to within a maximum period of 20 (twenty) business days, which will be effective within 15 (fifteen) business days from the date on which the response is communicated. In case of not complying with all the requirements set forth in this Notice or if deemed necessary, YOVERSE, may request information in order to supplement your request and be able to process it, having to comply with such requirement within the following 10 (ten) business days, otherwise your request will be deemed not submitted.
7. Retention of Personal Data.
YOVERSE retains information for as long as necessary to provide the services, comply with legal obligations, and protect its interests or the interests of others.
YOVERSE decides how long to keep the Personal Data provided on a case-by-case basis. When deciding, YOVERSE considers, among other things, the following:
- If the information is needed to operate or provide the YOVERSE Services (for example, some of your information must be retained to keep your account active).
- How long YOVERSE must retain the information to comply with certain legal obligations in the region or country where the Services are contracted.
- If required for other legal purposes, such as preventing harm; investigating possible violations to YOVERSE’s Terms or Policies; promoting safety, integrity, and security; or protecting YOVERSE’s rights, property, or products.
8. Limitation of Use and Disclosure Data.
It is necessary to inform you, as a Data Holder, that in order to restrict, limit, and control the processing of Personal Data, YOVERSE has adopted administrative, physical and technical measures, in addition to having established internal privacy policies and programs to prevent the disclosure of Personal Data and implemented various security controls. Personal Data will be processed in a strictly confidential manner, so that the collection, transfer, and exercise of the rights derived from them is done through proper, legitimate, and lawful use, permanently safeguarding the principles of legality, consent, information, quality, purpose, loyalty, proportionality, and accountability.
9. Consent of the Data Holder.
You, as a Data Holder, declare that you are aware of this Notice, and that you have understood and agreed to the terms set forth herein, so you give your consent regarding the processing of your Personal Data tacitly by making such data available. If you do not agree with one or more provisions of this Notice, please do not provide your Personal Data and refrain from using YOVERSE’s Website and/or Mobile App, as well as from contracting the services offered by the same.
10. Delete your information.
You can delete or ask us to delete all of your information. In-app controls enable you to delete your full account.
To delete your account:
- Tap Profile in the bottom left.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right.
- Tap Manage Account.
- Tap Delete account.
- Follow the instructions in the app to delete your account.
11. Identification of the Responsible Party (YOVERSE).
YOVERSE INC., as well as jointly with its collaborators, possible future companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, companies under common control or companies belonging to the same group (“YOVERSE”) with address at 749 E 135th St, The Bronx, NY 10454, USA, in its capacity as Responsible Party, makes available this Notice, in order to inform you of the terms under which your Personal Data will be treated, according to applicable laws.
12. Modification to the Privacy Notice (“Notice”).
Before YOVERSE makes material changes to this Notice, YOVERSE will notify you. YOVERSE reserves the right to periodically update or modify the Notice in accordance with changes in information practices, in response to legislative developments, internal policies, or new requirements for the provision of services, among others. Such updates or modifications will be notified to you (Data Holder) through the Website or Mobile App, in the Privacy Notice section. YOVERSE recommends and requires you, to consult the Notice at least every 6 (Six) months, to be updated on the conditions and terms thereof.
1 “Data Holder”: any person, of legal age, who purchases a data package, SIM or GB plan offered by YOVERSE and shares his/her Personal Data.
Last Update: August 9th, 2023